Wednesday, 25 November 13:00 – Thursday, 26 November 2020 16:30 CET (2 Days)
The ESC Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy presents an engaging and interactive course to improve the professional knowledge and skills on cardiovascular pharmacotherapy in older patients.
In Europe and the Western World in particular, the proportion of older people is dramatically increasing, which is predicted to add tremendous extra pressure to the strained healthcare systems.
Cardiovascular drugs are among the most prevalent drugs administered to older people. In particular diuretics, antihypertensives, NOACs, antiarrhythmics, lipid-lowering and glucose-lowering drugs. All these drug classes can lead to increased frailty and should in particular not be prescribed on a one-size-fits-all-basis to older people, and polypharmacy should be countered.
Our goal is for all participants to leave the meeting with the improved competence and confidence to deliver better, personalised therapy to older people, which in turn will have a positive impact on services and patient outcomes.
Conference scientific committee
- Prof. Juan Tamargo, Spain
- Prof. Juan Carlos Kaski, UK
What past participants say
- Over 90% of participants found the course extremely useful and useful to their daily practice
- More than 80% rated the programme as ‘excellent’, with the speakers and topics as the most cited best aspects of the event
- 95% of participants declared that the event fulfilled their educational goals and expected learning outcomes