The Foundation | Presentation
The Foundation’s main mission is to contribute to the structuring of the Spanish health system by adding the value of the integration of activities (scientific research and technological innovation) and cohesion between scientists, institutions and the pharmaceutical industry.
Its essential purposes will be the following:
- To promote scientific research in pharmacology, as well as the technological development necessary to increase the competitiveness of public Spanish research groups or those belonging to Spanish industry and to improve the quality of life of citizens.
- Promote the cooperation and collaboration of the agents of the Spanish pharmacological health system of R + D + I, promoting in turn the dissemination and dissemination of research results for the sole benefit of the scientific community and society in general.
- Serve as a platform for meeting, analysis and interdisciplinary and intersectoral debate, in which qualified representatives of the scientific, technological and business communities of the country participate and are integrated, paying special attention to the health-pharmacological sector in these areas.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities and needs, and propose ways of action to the agents of the national health system (public administrations and industry), as well as to the scientific community and, in particular, to the group of pharmacologists.
- Promote the international presence of Spanish pharmacology, in order to increase its relevance in the European scientific space and give it a greater external projection, especially in Latin America.
To achieve the purposes mentioned, the Foundation will carry out the following activities:
- Contribute to the improvement of pharmacologists in the scientific order.
- Provide contact opportunities for scientific and social exchange between Spanish pharmacologists and establish relationships with pharmacologists from other countries.
- Promote contact between Spanish pharmacologists and Spanish and foreign Pharmacology Chairs, Schools and Societies.
- Facilitate the attendance of Spanish pharmacologists to congresses and scientific meetings on Pharmacology and Pharmacological Techniques, in Spain and abroad.
- Organize regular scientific and social meetings (Seminars and courses, meeting platforms and debates).
- To stimulate technical and scientific research among pharmacologists with scholarships, awards, grants and travel fellowships, or by collaborating in the publication or dissemination of relevant research papers.
- Sponsor the functioning of working groups, commissions or sections, specialized in specific fields of Pharmacology and its relationship with other sciences.
- Promote prospective studies.
- Any other activity that the Board agrees to carry out within the scope of the purposes.
Valentín Ceña Callejo
Unid. Asoc. Neurodeath-Farmacología
Facultad de Medicina
Univ. de Castilla-La Mancha
Av. Almansa, 14
02006 – ALBACETE
Julio Cortijo Gimeno
Facultad de Medicina
Universitat de Valencia
Av. Blasco Ibáñez, 15
46010 – VALENCIA
Mercè Pallàs Lliberia
Dpt. Farmacología Facultat de Farmàcia Universidat de Barcelona
Av. Joan XXIII, 27
08028 – BARCELONA
José Manuel Brea Floriani
Dpto. de Farmacología Centro de Investigación en Medicina Molecular
y Enfermedades Crónicas
Universidad de Santiago de Compostela Avd de Barcelona s/n
15706 – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
Catalina Alarcón de la Lastra
Departamento de Farmacología
Facultad de Farmacia Universidad de Sevilla
Prof. García González, 2
41012 – SEVILLA
Eva Delpón Mosquera
Departamento de Farmacología y Toxicología.
Facultad de Medicina UCM
28040 – MADRID
Jorge Beleta Supervia
Almirall, S.A. Centro de I+D
C/ Laureà Miró 408-410
08980 – SANT FELIU DE LLOBREGAT